For a stress-free, worry-free custom home build, addition or major renovation, Lower Mainland homeowners trust Building Space Custom Homes, Ltd.
Lower Mainland residents by the hundreds have enjoyed the highly efficient service of Building Space. Projects get kept on-budget and on-time, with stunning, high-quality results. Take a closer look at our process for custom home building or major renovation projects.
- Initial consultation – Whether you already have a detailed vision or just a general idea of the home project you want, give us a call and we’ll help you form a plan from there. You can sit down with us at our office, or we can visit your project location and imagine the concept together. Once you’ve signed on with Building Space, a Project Manager will be assigned as your close contact throughout the process and will keep the project moving forward as planned.
- Designing – You’ll have an experienced building designer and interior designer helping you fill in the details of the plan. Based on the agreed concept, they’ll produce floor plans, section drawings or renderings, and spec documents to give you a full picture (literally!) of the expected outcome. They’ll also collaborate with engineers, energy advisors, surveyors, and other consultants to ensure all aspects of the design are sound.
At this stage, our design professionals will lend technical expertise and advice, but you’ll still be in control of the designs you approve.
- Budgeting and timeline – Soon after you’ve approved the designs, we’ll provide a thorough cost estimate of the entire project, made more accessible with our cost-efficient materials and methods. We’ll discuss any budget adjustments you wish to make to keep the project attainable without compromising the outcome.
At this stage, we’ll also give you a detailed timeline of the project. It will be a realistic forecast of the project duration, based on our decades of experience working on real-world builds in the metro Vancouver area. We’ve developed and perfected a proprietary 60-page Building Schedule document, a thorough and reliable handbook of every single construction task, ensuring we deliver excellent results on time and on budget.
- Permitting and contracting – Sit back as your Building Space team handles this entire stage. We’ll complete all the paperwork for you, from building code compliance to securing permits to arranging inspections as necessary. We’ll also handle the pre-construction agreements with our trusted contractors and suppliers.
- Construction – Now the craftsmanship begins! Your project will be in the hands of carefully vetted and professional tradespeople who adhere to best practices during and after the project. They’re diligent and precise, and they go the extra mile in cleaning and tidying up.
Your project manager from Building Space will steer the work to ensure it stays on time and on budget. The project team maintains a 60+ page process document that has been developed and perfected over many projects and follow a 10 stage process with dozens of checklists for every aspect of the building process. They’ll update you regularly throughout the process, with clear, honest information about the project’s progress.
- Post-build – Say hello to your finished home project! But, wait. There’s more! Building Space provides a two-year warranty for every renovation, and a 2/5/10-year warranty for every custom home build. This means that we’re by your side for years after the project. On the small chance that you find a post-build issue, we’re just a phone call away.
Thanks for hearing us out. We’re eager to work with you on your new home or renovation! Schedule your initial consultation with Building Space today by calling (604) 726-5839 today.